Monday, December 22, 2008

Namaste!

I practice yoga. I think that is why Namaste Foods PizzaCrust Mix caught my eye. Aside from being simply gluten free, it is also sugar free AND vegan. Also worth mentioning is that I love pizza and it's one of the things I miss about glutenous eating...Pizza is really delicious!

Well, I also enjoy cooking so I picked up the mix while grocery shopping.

Fast forward to later. I was trying to decide what to make for dinner and noticed the bag of pizza crust mix in the pantry. Hubs and I could always eat pizza, so I figured tonight was as good as any to give this mix a try.

I followed the instructions on the bag, but wasn't able to mix with the mixer for the full 3 minutes because the mixers kept sending my batter flying out of the bowl. (btw, it turned out fine mixing it less).

When I got it all mixed up I plopped the mix onto the hot pizza stone, covered my hands in vegetable oil (I don't have a rolling pin) and started pressing out the crust. This mix made A LOT of crust! My pizza stone is only 14" and the directions said this makes a 14" crust, but I think it could have made and 18" or 20" crust easily! The dough was thick and covered the entire 14" stone all the way to the edges.

I baked it on the lowest oven rack, as per the directions, for 10 minutes, then pulled it out and topped it with pizza sauce and shredded pizza cheese and threw it back into the oven on the lowest rack for another 9 minutes. When the timer went off, the cheese wasn't browning yet so I moved it to the middle rack and turned on the broiler for a minute.


mmm, mmm!

It turned out really tasty. I forgot that using the pizza stone adds a few minutes to the cooking time, so the crusty was a little more doughy than I prefer, but it was still delicious and we ate it ALL! The crust held together just like glutenous crusts and tasted the same too.



Next time I'll halve the recipe and make personal size pizza's.

I don't know if this pizza honors all that is in me, as I do in you, but it is beautiful and tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment