Sunday, May 10, 2009

Starbucks Gluten-Free Valencia Orange Cake

I have a friend who works at one of the Starbucks in my area. She brought me one of the new GF cakes that they are starting to sell. Not all Starbucks have begun selling them and some Starbucks don't understand that they MUST be served in their individual packaging in order to protect from cross contamination!

Anyway, she brought it to me and I tried it tonight. It was pretty good. It was very moist and VERY orange-y. I would not have liked it if it didn't have the slivered almonds on top. That really made it just right. I would have liked it even better if the orange flavor was slightly lower and if there was almond extract in the cake, but all in all, it was good.

It's nice to know that a major restaurant chain is taking measures to allow people with gluten intolerance.

No comments:

Post a Comment