Friday, January 2, 2009

pre-made GF brownie impression

no recipe today, but I did want to comment on the Kinnikinnick Brownie.

It's delicious.

I can buy it at my local Kroger, which is awesome. I was a little skeptical at first, but I took it from the freezer and let the tray set on the counter for an hour or so and then they were soft enough to cut.

They were still cool. The texture was good, and the flavor is tremendous. It's chocolatey, it's a little cakey, but still fudgey too. I warmed one up in the microwave for just a few seconds and it was fudgier. I won't say it was better tasting, because it seemed the same to me, but if you specifically like fudgey brownies, then heating a little is the way to go. I liked both ways. Hubby likes them both ways too.

One thing I did notice is that if you let them thaw out completely, the top gets a little flakey and separates from the rest of the brownie. If you only let it thaw enough to soften, it's much easier to cut and the top stays put...Also, store them in a zip lock (or other air tight container) and they'll last a week in the refrigerator.

The brownies were so good, and their website has so many GF products, that I might make an order. I might even try their bread...I've not had sliced bread in roughly 2 years. I might get back in the habit of having yummy sammiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment